Career Opportunities at Azzad
Azzad Asset Management is an investment advisory firm established in 1997 and specialized in offering socially responsible, halal solutions for wealth management. Our team consists of bright minded individuals who are self-driven to serve clients with integrity and the highest standards of professionalism. Our niche clientele consists primarily of affluent American Muslim professionals who desire a comprehensive, investment solution to their financial lives. We offer mutual funds, a wrap program, financial planning and model management for retail and institutional clients.
If you would like to help clients align their financial goals with their values, then consider joining our team. We are always looking for financial analysts and researchers, certified financial planners, and experienced investment advisers to bring value to our clients.
We provide our employees with a competitive compensation package that includes a health insurance plan with dental and vision, a retirement plan with matching employer contributions, a bonus system, and more. Work in a family-friendly environment with opportunity for professional growth. Azzad is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for a position with our firm, email us your cover letter and résumé with the job title in the subject line. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be considered.
Please note: a thorough background check is required to be considered for employment at Azzad.
Azzad does not accept résumés from group contracting firms or recruitment agencies.
Current Job Openings
Associate Financial Advisor
Falls Church, VA
$45,000-$55,000 a year (with bonus)
As an associate financial advisor, you will be instrumental in delivering a satisfying client experience that defines and differentiates our firm. You will help conduct the smooth operation of a fast-paced and friendly financial planning office. You will assist the financial advisor(s) in working with clients to help them achieve their financial goals. You will be expected to consistently abide by the highest standards of professional, legal and regulatory requirements.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering, and analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues, and other practice management tasks as needed. Responds to ad hoc requests, coordinates/tracks projects, and manages small business-as-usual projects such as organizing a seminar.
Your responsibilities and time allocation may change over time to meet the needs of the practice and may include other duties as assigned by the advisor.
1. Client acquisition and marketing: Participate in various seminars, client appreciation events, respond to online/social media inquiries, contact prospects to set up meetings and appointments.
2. Financial planning and advice: Identify clients to engage or re-engage in planning relationships, prepare for client meetings focused on planning discussions, gather and enter client data into financial planning software and develop recommendations, participate and support advisors during client meetings, track/follow up with clients regarding agreed upon actions, service clients with their accounts. Persuade clients to act upon suitable advice/recommendations.
3. Administrative duties: Implement transactions on behalf of clients, execute appropriate trades to align with proposed portfolios, assign and delegate work to support staff when appropriate, provide training to other staff members, update and maintain client relationship management system, write notes during advisor meetings with clients, respond to client emails, maintain files and paperwork in accordance with firm’s records retention policy.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
• At least 2 years sales or client service experience working in the financial services industry preferred.
• Four-year college degree in finance, accounting, marketing, or business. Series 65 (or equivalent such as Series 7) is required before employment.
• Working knowledge of investment products and services, as well as, financial planning concepts highly desired.
• Experience using financial planning and portfolio reporting software a plus, but will train.
• Must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to source prospective clients and persevere when facing obstacles.
• Takes initiative and can be relied upon to work with little to no supervision.
Financial Advisor, California Region
As financial advisor, some of your duties will include:
- • Conduct webinars, and seminars on various financial topics to help build your client base;
- • Identify and participate in community events and conferences to sell the firm’s products and services;
- • Answer questions about and sell Azzad mutual funds and/or Ethical Wrap Program;
- • Recommend qualified retirement plans, IRAs, college plans, and other investment accounts for clients and prospects;
- • Prepare and give client reviews (coordinate with analysts to obtain market outlook, performance, etc.);
- • Submit articles for the firm’s newsletter, white paper or other literature to establish credibility as an expert in your field;
- • Maintain a database of client, prospect, and others resulting from sales efforts;
- • Take copious notes and any necessary follow up action during client meetings;
- • Actively seek new prospects using a referral system, company’s marketing opportunities, build relationships with other financial professionals (such as CPAs) and other avenues;
- • Use approved marketing literature to mitigate risks to Azzad Asset Management and conduct business according to the policies and procedures outlined in Azzad’s compliance manual;
- • Work as a team with operations, marketing and other sales people to deliver exceptional customer service;
- • Complete all other duties and assignments that may be assigned.
You will be primarily responsible for the firm’s California sales.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience- At least five years of experience as a financial advisor (or equivalent position) is required. Your own book of business is preferred, but not required.
- Educational background- Four- year college degree in finance, accounting, marketing or business preferred. Series 65 (or equivalent) is required and an advanced degree such as CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, qualified retirement plan specialist, or equivalent is preferred (but may be obtained after employment).
- Economics and accounting- Working knowledge of investment products and services, as well as, financial planning concepts (especially with regards to qualified retirement plans) is required. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data required.
- Basic understanding of Islamic finance and investing- A basic understanding of complex Islamic financial matters and ability to translate them for a layperson audience is preferred, but will train.
- Customer and personal service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and marketing- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- • Communicates clearly – in-depth interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- • Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- • Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- • Independence – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- • Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- • Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- • Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Travel and working outside of normal working hours are required.
PERFORMANCE: Job performance is measured by several factors including: number of prospects called daily and professional relationships maintained, new assets generated as a direct result of your efforts (with a predetermined annual quota), and the quality of customer service from client surveys.
Falls Church, VA
As investment analyst you will be responsible for:
• Monitoring and due diligence of third party managers
• Responsible for portfolio management software and client reporting
• Utilize trading software (Orion) to execute trades and rebalance portfolios, as necessary
• Prepare investment proposals, investment analysis
• Participate in client meetings
• Assist financial advisors with meeting material preparation and responding to client questions and requests
• Assist Marketing with investor market updates and communications, speak to other financial advisors about products and complete RFPs
• Serve on the firm’s investment committee, with opportunity to chair
• Assist in ad hoc projects analysis, as needed
Your responsibilities and time allocation may change over time to meet the needs of the firm and may include other duties as assigned.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
• At least 2+ years experience in similar role in the financial services industry
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task and work in a collaborate team environment
• Strong Excel proficiency
• Experience with Morningstar, Orion, Zephyr, Money Guide Pro a plus
• Undergraduate degree along with interest in pursuing or progress toward relevant professional qualifications such as CFA, FSA or CIMA designation is also a plus, but not required
• Must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
• Takes initiative and can be relied upon to work with little to no supervision
• Enjoys working in a small work environment