Career Opportunities at Azzad
Azzad Asset Management is an investment advisory firm established in 1997 and specialized in offering socially responsible, halal solutions for wealth management. Our team consists of bright minded individuals who are self-driven to serve clients with integrity and the highest standards of professionalism. Our niche clientele consists primarily of affluent American Muslim professionals who desire a comprehensive, investment solution to their financial lives. We offer mutual funds, a wrap program, financial planning and model management for retail and institutional clients.
If you would like to help clients align their financial goals with their values, then consider joining our team. We are always looking for financial analysts and researchers, certified financial planners, and experienced investment advisers to bring value to our clients.
We provide our employees with a competitive compensation package that includes a health insurance plan with dental and vision, a retirement plan with matching employer contributions, a bonus system, and more. Work in a family-friendly environment with opportunity for professional growth. Azzad is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for a position with our firm, email us your cover letter and résumé with the job title in the subject line. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be considered.
Please note: a thorough background check is required to be considered for employment at Azzad.
Azzad does not accept résumés from group contracting firms or recruitment agencies.
Current Job Openings
Associate Financial Advisor
As an associate financial advisor, you will be instrumental in delivering a satisfying client experience that defines and differentiates our firm. You will provide specialized services to our financial advisor team and assist them in their ability to offer sophisticated financial solutions to individuals and families as you strategically build the client base.
This role provides client relationship support through managing, gathering and analyzing client data, helping prepare financial plans and other client deliverables, working with clients to resolve issues and other practice management tasks as needed.
- • Engage the client/prospect, frame the discussion, and help convey the company’s mission to better position the Advisors for additional business opportunities.
- • Deliver high quality client service by preparing for, conducting and following up on client meetings.
- • Review, research and analyze data to create customized financial planning reports for high net worth clients.
- • Identify, follow up and support the financial advisor team with the closing of opportunities identified from various marketing events including the financial planning process.
- • Performs other duties and tasks as necessary.
Desired skills and expertise:
- • At least 4 years client service experience working in the financial services industry preferred
- • Four-year college degree in finance, accounting, or business. Series 65 (or equivalent such as Series 7/66) is required before employment
- • Experience using financial planning software a plus, but will train
- • Must demonstrate a high level of interpersonal communication skills
- • Ability to source prospective clients and persevere when facing obstacles
- • Takes initiative and can be relied upon to work with little to no supervision
Client Service Associate
We are looking for someone who loves helping people and working as a team member. This position is to support our financial advisors with administrative tasks and other office duties. Your day to day activities will consist of answering phone calls, scheduling meetings, processing paperwork, collecting client information, preparing standard reports, and processing client requests. The ideal candidate will be polite when answering calls and greeting guests, pay attention to detail, and have a familiarity with basic investment concepts.
This is a non-advice related support role. The starting salary range for this role is $45,000- $50,000 with additional bonus. We also offer additional perks and benefits including health and dental insurance, employee wellness program, employer retirement plan and continuing education support.
- Provide daily administrative support to the financial advisor team in the form of answering, screening and routing phone calls for advisors, assisting clients directly or taking messages as appropriate.
- • Schedule, coordinate and confirm client meetings and maintain advisors’ calendar.
- • Prepare and process account paperwork for opening, transfers and ongoing servicing of client accounts.
- • Manage client information – prepare client reports, submit and follow up on necessary paperwork, regularly update and maintain client records in CRM database including documentation of phone calls and conversations with clients.
- • Manage incoming transfers and money movements, monitor and reconcile cash activities.
- • Other duties as needed.
Preferred qualifications and skills:
- • College degree
- • 2 years of work experience (you must obtain your securities license within 6 months of employment)
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- • Superior communication skills
- • Organized, detail-oriented, adept at prioritizing and working in a fast-paced environment
Email your resume to: email@example.com
As financial advisor, your duties will include:
- • Conduct webinars, and seminars on various financial topics to help build your client base;
- • Identify and participate in community events and conferences to sell the firm’s products and services;
- • Answer questions about and sell Azzad mutual funds and/or Ethical Wrap Program;
- • Recommend qualified retirement plans, IRAs, college plans, and other investment accounts for clients and prospects;
- • Prepare and give client reviews (coordinate with analysts to obtain market outlook, performance, etc.);
- • Submit articles for the firm’s newsletter, white paper or other literature to establish credibility as an expert in your field;
- • Maintain a database of client, prospect, and others resulting from sales efforts;
- • Take copious notes and any necessary follow up action during client meetings;
- • Actively seek new prospects using a referral system, company’s marketing opportunities, build relationships with other financial professionals (such as CPAs) and other avenues;
- • Use approved marketing literature to mitigate risks to Azzad Asset Management and conduct business according to the policies and procedures outlined in Azzad’s compliance manual;
- • Work as a team with operations, marketing and other sales people to deliver exceptional customer service;
- • Complete all other duties and assignments that may be assigned.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Falls Church, Va.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience- At least five years of experience as a financial advisor (or equivalent position) is required. Your own book of business is preferred, but not required.
- Educational background- Four-year college degree in finance, accounting, marketing, or business preferred. Series 65 (or equivalent) is required and an advanced degree such as CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, qualified retirement plan specialist, or equivalent is preferred (but may be obtained after employment).
- Economics and accounting- Working knowledge of investment products and services, as well as, financial planning concepts (especially with regards to qualified retirement plans) is required. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data required.
- Basic understanding of Islamic finance and investing- A basic understanding of complex Islamic financial matters and ability to translate them for a layperson audience is preferred, but will train.
- Customer and personal service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and marketing- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- • Communicates clearly – In-depth interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- • Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- • Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- • Independence – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- • Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- • Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- • Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Travel and working outside of normal working hours are required.
PERFORMANCE: Job performance is measured by several factors including: number of prospects called daily and professional relationships maintained, new assets generated as a direct result of your efforts (with a predetermined annual quota), and the quality of customer service from client surveys.