Career Opportunities at Azzad
Azzad Asset Management is an investment advisory firm established in 1997 and specialized in offering socially responsible, halal solutions for wealth management. Our team consists of bright minded individuals who are self-driven to serve clients with integrity and the highest standards of professionalism. Our niche clientele consists primarily of affluent American Muslim professionals who desire a comprehensive, investment solution to their financial lives. We offer mutual funds, a wrap program, financial planning and model management for retail and institutional clients.
If you would like to help clients align their financial goals with their values, then consider joining our team. We are always looking for financial analysts and researchers, certified financial planners, and experienced investment advisers to bring value to our clients.
We provide our employees with a competitive compensation package that includes a health insurance plan with dental and vision, a retirement plan with matching employer contributions, a bonus system, and more. Work in a family-friendly environment with opportunity for professional growth. Azzad is an equal opportunity employer.
To be considered for a position with our firm, email us your cover letter and resume with the job title in the subject line. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to be considered.
Please note: a thorough background check is required to be considered for employment at Azzad.
Azzad does not accept resumes from group contracting firms or recruitment agencies.
Current Job Openings
As financial advisor, your duties will include:
- • Conduct webinars and seminars on various financial topics to help build your client base;
- • Identify and participate in community events and conferences to sell the firm’s products and services;
- • Answer questions about and sell Azzad mutual funds and/or Ethical Wrap Program;
- • Recommend qualified retirement plans, IRAs, college plans, and other investment accounts for clients and prospects;
- • Prepare and give client reviews (coordinate with analysts to obtain market outlook, performance, etc.);
- • Submit articles for the firm’s newsletter, white paper or other literature to establish credibility as an expert in your field;
- • Maintain a database of client, prospect, and others resulting from sales efforts;
- • Take copious notes and any necessary follow up action during client meetings;
- • Actively seek new prospects using a referral system, company’s marketing opportunities, build relationships with other financial professionals (such as CPAs) and other avenues;
- • Use approved marketing literature to mitigate risks to Azzad Asset Management and conduct business according to the policies and procedures outlined in Azzad’s compliance manual;
- • Work as a team with operations, marketing and other sales people to deliver exceptional customer service;
- • Complete all other duties and assignments that may be assigned.
This position will be based at our headquarters in Falls Church, Va.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Experience- At least five years of experience as a financial advisor (or equivalent position) is required. Your own book of business is preferred, but not required.
- Educational background- Four-year college degree in finance, accounting, marketing, or business preferred. Series 65 (or equivalent) is required and an advanced degree such as CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, qualified retirement plan specialist, or equivalent is preferred (but may be obtained after employment).
- Economics and accounting- Working knowledge of investment products and services, as well as, financial planning concepts (especially with regards to qualified retirement plans) is required. Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, and the analysis and reporting of financial data required.
- Basic understanding of Islamic finance and investing- A basic understanding of complex Islamic financial matters and ability to translate them for a layperson audience is preferred, but will train.
- Customer and personal service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Sales and marketing- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- • Communicates clearly – In-depth interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- • Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- • Persistence – Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- • Independence – Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- • Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- • Initiative – Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- • Achievement/Effort – Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
Travel and working outside of normal working hours are required.
PERFORMANCE: Job performance is measured by several factors including: number of prospects called daily and professional relationships maintained, new assets generated as a direct result of your efforts (with a predetermined annual quota), and the quality of customer service from client surveys.
Client Service and Marketing Associate
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the firm’s vision, mission and strategy. This is a non-advice related support role. You will help build client relationships by ensuring their needs are being met. You will also work with the firm’s marketing team to support business development efforts.
The client service and marketing associate will:
- • Assist with client onboarding, setting up new accounts, and accessing custodian and firm portals.
- • Answer routine client questions and fulfill service requests.
- • Communicate and market to existing clients by maintaining marketing calendar, using CRM to conduct various campaigns to clients and soliciting for feedback.
- • Support business development and execution of marketing initiatives by managing events and conferences for the firm, actively participating in seminars, webinars and other networking events and providing content for the company’s monthly newsletter.
- • Prospect incoming leads and identify opportunities to forward to a financial advisor.
- • Assist in ad hoc projects analysis, as needed
- • 4 year undergraduate degree
- • Core knowledge of the financial industry, products and investment concepts
- • Series 65 license (or equivalent)
- • At least three years of wealth management or financial planning experience
- • Salesforce or equivalent CRM knowledge is highly desirable
- • Ability to think critically and make appropriate decisions
- • Superior communication and client service skills
- • Committed to achieving goals and objectives
- • Organized, pays attention to detail and is dependable
This position will be based at our headquarters in Falls Church, Va.